Lake Minnetonka Swim Pond
The 1.75-acre swimming pond at Lake Minnetonka has a maximum depth of six feet and is completely surrounded by sand. The pond features filtered, chlorinated water, a changing shelter, concessions, and large beach umbrellas for shade. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Interactive Map of Lake Minnetonka
Lake Minnetonka PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Lake Minnetonka Regional Park page.
The trails, roads and parking lots at Lake Minnetonka Regional Park will be reconstructed beginning spring 2020 and lasting through fall 2020. Some areas of the park will be closed during this time. Learn more about the project and which areas of the park will be impacted.
Lifeguards on duty:
11 AM–7 PM
May 25–June 9: weekends and holidays only
June 10–Aug. 11: daily
Aug. 12–Labor Day: no lifeguard on duty
Fees & Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season wristband by purchasing online or calling 763.559.6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
$5* daily per person
$18* season per person
Call 763.559.6700 to request a replacement season wristband.
*Sales tax not included.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $5 must be arranged in advance and are available for purchase at park gates. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763.559.6700.
- Wristbands are required for park guests 1 year and older on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. Persons using such equipment must be within arm's reach of a responsible person.
- Persons using inflatable/flotation equipment with a length of 3 feet or less must remain in the shallow side of the red buoyed area.
- Use of kick boards, rafts and inflatable/flotation equipment larger than 3 feet is not permitted.
- Staff may restrict the use of inflatable/flotation equipment at their discretion.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not sit or stand on shoulders.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters, or the wheelchair ramp.
- Tobacco, pets and glass objects are not permitted in the beach area.
- Due to the protective liner of the pond, do not dig holes deeper than 1 foot in the sand.
- Swim diapers are required for all who are in diapers or pull-ups.