Lake Minnetonka Swim Pond
The 1.75-acre swimming pond at Lake Minnetonka has a maximum depth of six feet and is completely surrounded by sand. The pond features filtered, chlorinated water, a changing shelter, concessions and large beach umbrellas for shade. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Interactive Map of Lake Minnetonka
Lake Minnetonka PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Lake Minnetonka Regional Park page.
Fees & Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season wristband by purchasing online or calling 763-559-6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
- Daily wristband, per person: $6 plus tax
- Season wristband, per person: $20 plus tax
There are no replacements for lost wristbands. If you lose a wristband, you must purchase a new one.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $6 must be arranged in advance and are available for purchase at park gates. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763-559-6700.
Learn to swim at Lake Minnetonka Regional Park!
Public swim lesson registration opens March 16.
All instructors are lifeguards certified through the American Red Cross to teach swimming lessons. Four levels are available for ages 3 and up:
- Preschool Swimmers
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills
- Level 3: Stroke Development
Students and their family members receive a $3 discount on season swim pond wristbands.
- Wristbands are required for park guests 1 year and older on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. Persons using such equipment must be within arm's reach of a responsible person.
- Persons using inflatable/flotation equipment with a length of three feet or less must remain in the shallow side of the red buoyed area.
- Use of kick boards, rafts and inflatable/flotation equipment larger than three feet is not permitted.
- Staff may restrict the use of inflatable/flotation equipment at their discretion.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not sit or stand on shoulders.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters or the wheelchair ramp.
- Tobacco, pets and glass objects are not permitted in the beach area.
- Due to the protective liner of the pond, do not dig holes deeper than one foot in the sand.
- Swim diapers are required for all who are in diapers or pull-ups.