Elm Creek Swim Pond
The Elm Creek swim pond offers filtered, chlorinated water, a sand beach, changing shelter, concessions and bathroom facilities. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Elm Creek PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Elm Creek Park Reserve page.
The swim pond is open 9 AM-8 PM daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Lifeguards will be on duty the following dates and hours:
- May 29-June 11: Noon-8 PM, weekends and holidays only.
- June 12- Aug. 15: Noon-8 PM, daily.
- Aug.16-Labor Day: No lifeguard on duty.
Fees and Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season pass by purchasing online or calling 763.559.6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
$5* daily per person
$18* season per person
There are no replacements for lost wristbands. If you lose a wristband, you must purchase a new one.
*sales tax not included.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $5 must be arranged in advance. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763.559.6700.
- Wristbands are required for park guests 1 year and older on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. Persons using such equipment must be within arm's reach of a responsible person.
- Persons using inflatable/flotation equipment with a length of 3 feet or less must remain in the shallow side of the red buoyed area.
- Use of kick boards, rafts and inflatable/flotation equipment larger than 3 feet is not permitted.
- Staff may restrict the use of inflatable/flotation equipment at their discretion.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not sit or stand on shoulders.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters, or the wheelchair ramp.
- Tobacco, pets and glass objects are not permitted in the beach area.
- Due to the protective liner of the pond, do not dig holes deeper than 1 foot in the sand.
- Swim diapers are required for all who are in diapers or pull-ups.