Adventure for Everyone
At Three Rivers, we believe everyone belongs in the parks — to play, explore, and discover all that nature has to offer. From hiking through the woods, learning about wildlife at a nature center, skiing through a winter wonderland and more, there’s adventure for everyone!
What Is Recreation Pass Plus?
Recreation Pass Plus is a recreation card that offers free equipment rentals, discounts on programs and events, and two free recreation passes per individual family member. These recreation passes include archery, swim ponds, dog off-leash areas, disc golf, boat trailer parking and cross-country skiing.
The Recreation Pass Plus card is available for families and individuals who live in Hennepin County and are experiencing financial difficulty.
Do I qualify for Recreation Pass Plus?
If you’re a Hennepin County resident and you’re enrolled in any one of the following services, you can apply for a Recreation Pass Plus card:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
- Minnesota Care
- General Assistance (GA)
- Minnesota Family Investment Act (MFIP)
- Medical Assistance (MA)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
- Work Benefit (WB)
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program Employment and Training Program (SNAP E&T)
- Free and Reduced School Lunch Program
How do I apply for a Recreation Pass Plus card?
Apply online or call 763.559.6700.
For relay services, dial 711. For translation assistance, please call 763.559.6700.
Each family member can make their individual choices for their two recreation passes. Individual cards for each member of the family will be sent in the mail.
When will I know if My Application Is Approved?
Once the application is submitted, you will receive a receipt via email that the application was received. A second email will be sent to you after your application is approved and your Recreation Pass Plus card(s) will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.
You can use your second receipt as a temporary pass for 7 days from the receipt date so you don’t have to wait for your card to use your recreation passes.
When you receive your card:
- Remember to bring it with you to the parks to receive free rental equipment and to use your recreation passes.
- Use it to register online for discounts on programs.
When will my Recreation Pass Plus card expire?
The Recreation Pass Plus card is valid for a 12-month period, starting May 1 and ending April 30. A reminder email to reapply for the card will be sent one month prior to the expiration date.
Will my information be kept confidential?
All information is confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than communication about this and other relevant Three Rivers programs.
Questions? Call us at 763.559.6700.