Adventure for Everyone

At Three Rivers, we believe everyone belongs in the parks — to play, explore and discover all that nature has to offer. From hiking through the woods, learning about wildlife at a nature center, skiing through a winter wonderland and more, there’s adventure for everyone!

What Is Recreation Pass Plus?

Recreation Pass Plus is a recreation card that offers free equipment rentals, discounts on programs and events, discounts on summer camps, discounts on Gale Woods Farm products and free recreation passes (excludes golf, and downhill ski and snowboard). These recreation passes include archery, swim ponds, dog off-leash areas, disc golf, snow tubing and cross-country skiing. They also include parking passes for snowmobile or boat trailers.

The Recreation Pass Plus card is available for families and individuals who live in Hennepin County or Scott County and are experiencing financial difficulty.

A girl in a yellow coat cross-country skis down a small hill while others follow behind.

Do I qualify for Recreation Pass Plus?

If you’re a Hennepin County or Scott County resident and you’re enrolled in any one of the following services, you can apply for a Recreation Pass Plus card:

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
  • Minnesota Care
  • General Assistance (GA)
  • Minnesota Family Investment Act (MFIP)
  • Medical Assistance (MA)
  • Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
  • Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP)
  • Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
  • Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Program Employment and Training Program (SNAP E&T)
  • Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program

How do I apply for a Recreation Pass Plus card?

Apply online or call 763-559-6700.

For relay services, dial 711. For translation assistance, please call 763-559-6700.

Individual cards for each member of the family will be sent in the mail. 

When will I know if my application is approved?

Once the application is submitted, you will receive a receipt via email that the application was received. A second email will be sent to you after your application is approved and your Recreation Pass Plus card(s) will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.

You can use your second receipt as a temporary pass for 7 days from the receipt date so you don’t have to wait for your card to use your recreation passes.

When you receive your card:

  • Remember to bring it with you to the parks to receive free rental equipment and to use your recreation passes.
  • Use it to register online for discounts on programs.

A family of four paddles in a canoe.

When will my Recreation Pass Plus card expire?

Recreation Pass Plus cards must be renewed on an annual basis. You will receive a reminder email to reapply one month prior to the expiration date. Do not throw away your card; upon renewal, your existing card will be updated to reflect the benefits for the new year.

Will my information be kept confidential?

All information is confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than communication about this and other relevant Three Rivers programs.

What if I have questions about my current Recreation Pass Plus membership?

If you already have a Recreation Pass Plus membership and would like to add additional family members, make changes to your account or request a replacement card, please call 763-559-9000.

In Three Rivers, having fun doesn't have to cost a thing. From free parking to free activities to free programs and events, find your adventure!

Contact Us

Questions? Call us at 763-559-6700.