Parks on the Go
The Parks on the Go Outreach Van takes an innovative approach to bringing Three Rivers programming away from our existing facilities and out to where people live, work, and play. At no cost to the host location, community outreach programmers offer activities as a drop-in option or as a short facilitated program. Activities are brief (usually 5-25 minutes) and intended to provide a quick introduction to inspire curiosity and interest.
Past programs have taken place at apartment complexes, nonprofit organizations, schools and faith-based organizations, youth detention facilities and city parks. The team and activities are adaptive to all spaces and audiences.
Reaching Underrepresented Communities
Priority is given to partners that reach communities who are underrepresented in the parks and that reach people who may be unfamiliar with or otherwise not have access to Three Rivers Park District programs, facilities, information, and other park and trail opportunities.
The Parks on the Go van can bring many types of activities to you, including:
- Recreational activities (slacklining, disc golf, geocaching and more)
- Bike trail simulation
- Prize/quiz wheel
- Nature activities (pond study, birding, bug catching and more)
- Green screen photo booth
- Nature-inspired art (leaf printing, cyanotype nature prints, nature journal and more)
- Animal puppet show
- Outdoor skills (fishing, fire building, camping, outdoor cooking)
- Gardening activities and farm education (seed necklace, wool processing, and more)
Learn more about bringing the Parks on the Go van to your festival or event.
For more information about the Parks on the Go Outreach Van, contact Community Engagement Supervisor Amanda Fong for more information at email@example.com or 763.694.2054.