Mississippi Gateway road and trail construction: phase 2
The Phase 2 road and trail construction project is nearly complete at Mississippi Gateway Regional Park, and the trails and road are now for public use. The project included construction of gravel and paved trails throughout the park, reconstruction of the non-motorized boat launch and construction of a road to the River Flats area as show on the project improvement map.
The remaining work will require some of the trails to close again in mid-October and includes the following:
- Installation of the pedestrian bridge on the south end of the southern bituminous trail
- Installation of bituminous trail on the Southern Creek Path
IMPACTED AREAS (Week of OCTOBER 5, 2020 TO NOVEMBER 2020)
See an updated map of the remaining impacted areas for this fall.
The remaining work in Phase 2 of construction will impact the park as follows:
- Boat launch carry-in area requires erosion control measure to remain in place, impacting launching of boats.
- Restrooms along the Southern Creek Path will remain closed.
- Southern Creek Path from western pedestrian bridge to the West Mississippi River Regional Trail will be closed.
- West Mississippi River Regional Trail will have periodic closures to allow for construction vehicle and material access.
Please contact Katie Warner via email or phone at 763-694-1197 if you have questions regarding this project.