What is the Military Pass program?
The Military Pass program is a recreation card equipment rentals, discounts on programs and events, discounts on summer camps, discounts on Gale Woods Farm products and free recreation passes (excludes golf, and downhill ski and snowboard). These recreation passes include archery, swim ponds, dog off-leash areas, disc golf, snow tubing and cross-country skiing. They also include parking passes for snowmobile or boat trailers.
The Military Pass program is available for Hennepin County or Scott County residents who are active military, disabled veterans or Purple Heart recipients and their families.
Do I qualify for a Military Pass?
If you are both: A) currently a resident of Hennepin County or Scott County, and B) serving in the military, are a disabled veteran or are a recipient of a Purple Heart, as defined below, you can apply for a Military Pass card:
- Active duty: You are full-time duty in one of the branches of the military.
- Disabled veterans (must meet one of the following):
- You have been discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
- You have served on active duty in the armed forces, separated under honorable conditions, and have a present service-connected disability.
- You have a service-connected disability rated at 100% as defined by United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Purple Heart recipients: You have been awarded a Purple Heart military decoration.
How do I apply for a Military Pass card?
Apply online or call 763-559-6700.
For relay services, dial 711. For translation assistance, please call 763-559-6700.
Individual cards for each member of the family will be sent in the mail.
When will I know if my application Is approved?
Once the application is submitted, you will receive a receipt via email that the application was received. A second email will be sent to you after your application is approved and your Military Pass card(s) will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 business days.
You can use your second receipt as a temporary pass for 7 days from the receipt date so you don’t have to wait for your card to use your recreation passes.
When you receive your card:
- Remember to bring it with you to the parks to receive free rental equipment and to use your recreation passes.
- Use it to register online for discounts on programs.
When will my Military Pass card expire?
Military Pass cards must be renewed on an annual basis. You will receive a reminder email to reapply one month prior to the expiration date. Do not throw away your card; upon renewal, your existing card will be updated to reflect the benefits for the new year.
Will my Information be kept confidential?
All information is confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than communication about this and other relevant Three Rivers programs.
What kind of support does Three Rivers offer for adapted recreation?
Three Rivers offers adapted equipment for almost any activity. Whether you want to relax on the beach or try a new sport, we can help make sure you have the equipment to do it comfortably — and at no additional cost. Learn more about the equipment we have available and how to request it.
Questions? Call us at 763-559-6700.