Groups at The Landing
Bring history to life! Programs for all ages are offered onsite or at a location near you. For more information or to arrange a program, call 763.694.7784.
The Landing's curriculum supports certain MN K-12 Academic Standards. Review the Standards Matrix to decide which programs meet your needs.
Let your students discover what life was like for early Minnesota settlers at recreated 1800s farms and village, complete with costumed interpreters. Choose from interactive hands-on programs, a guided walking tour or the Folkways of the Holidays School Program.
Onsite programs are available March to December. Programs last for two hours and begin at 10:00 AM or 12:30 PM. Each two-hour time block includes a brief orientation and can accommodate groups of 15–150 people. Additional program time may be added at teacher request. Program fees listed below. Curriculum packet with pre- and post-visit information and activities provided with each reservation.
- 2-hour program: $5.25 per participant; $78.75 minimum.
- 3-hour program: $7.50 per participant; $112.50 minimum
- 4-hour program: $9.75 per participant; $146.25 minimum
- Two adults free with each pre-booked group of 25
- Playful Pioneers (Preschool) - Students explore the 1800s by participating in a variety of activities designed to engage their senses.
- Children and Family Life in 1889 (Grades 1-3) - Students experience what life was like in the Minnesota River Valley during the late 1800s through hands-on activities and role-playing.
- Folkways of the Holidays School Program (Grades 1-12 and Adult Groups) - Students discover the rich holiday traditions of Minnesota River Valley settlers in the 1800s.
- Maple Syrup Through History (Grades 1-6) - Learn the history of maple syruping from the American Indians through the early European settlers.
- 1889 One-Room School (Grades 1-6) - Students experience what a one-room school was like in the late 1800s by role-playing and participating in the curriculum of 1889.
- Civil War School Program (Grades 4-6) - Students learn about Minnesota’s role in the American Civil War by meeting the soldiers, militiamen and civilians of Minnesota who participated in the War Between the States.
- Journey to 1857 Minnesota (Grades 4-6) - Students explore Minnesota immigration through a variety of hands-on activities that promote teamwork and the use of problem solving skills.
- Travel Over Time (Grades 7-12 and Adult Groups) - This walking guided tour features a timeline of the cultural, environmental and material changes in the Minnesota River Valley in the 1800s.
Let history come to your classroom. Explore what it was like to come to Minnesota as an immigrant, play 1800s-style games or attend the One-Room School. Programs are offered throughout the year.
- Groups up to 35 participants: $110 1st hour, $70 each additional hour of same topic
- Groups over 35 participants: $195/hour
- Booth program fee: $150/hour
- Mileage reimbursement may be charged.