Green camping is one way that we can reduce our impact on the environment and preserve our natural resources by recycling paper, plastic, glass, cans and composting uneaten food. Composting is a form of recycling where you take waste and turn it into soil.
- Pack food in reusable bags and containers.
- Avoid individually packaged snacks and drinks.
- Bring a refillable water bottle and reusable dishes.
- Bring what you can eat, and eat what you bring.
- Say “no” to Styrofoam, plastic wrap and foil. (Tip: waxed paper is compostable).
- Pack fruit that does not require packaging.
- Compostable plates, cups, and utensils are available in Baker Park Campground Office.
- Use LED flashlights and lanterns.
- Use biodegradable dish soap.
Sort Your Waste
Organics for Composting
For composting food and food-soiled paper
Glass, paper, juice boxes, cartons and plastic
Styrofoam, plastic wrap and foil