Three Rivers takes steps to make the Signature Races safe and sustainable to the environment.
- Event signage is recycled year to year.
- All printed materials use FSC certified paper.
- Trophies and medallions for race winners are locally-produced.
Here's some tips to help reduce your impact:
- Register online and help us to go paperless.
- Provide your email address. All promotion of the event is emailed to prior participants. In addition, race bags are virtual to eliminate excess paper and printing. The Virtual Race Bag is emailed to all participants after the event with great offers from event sponsors.
- Ride your bike to the race and use a secure bike corral. If you are not biking, please consider carpooling.
- Sort your waste. Help make the Signature Races “zero waste” events. Waste containers are located in key locations and Green Gang volunteers are there to help you. Almost all event items, including beverage containers and food waste, can be recycled or composted. Trash that can’t be recycled or composted is weighed.
- Recycle your runner numbers and pins by dropping them into the designated drop-off boxes located close to the finish line.