Educational Experiences for Everyone
Build Your Own Class
Whether you’re a school group, homeschool family, distance learner, scout troop or other group, Gale Woods Farm offers exciting, hands-on programs for preschoolers through adults. Skilled, professional farm educators will create an experience with in-depth farm and garden activities to highlight your group's interests. Programs can last from two hours to all day and may include animal activities, farm crafts, garden and orchard explorations, cooking, and more.
Call us at 763.694.2001 to schedule your class.
|2 hours||$6.50/person ($97.50 minimum)|
|+2-3 hours||$8.76/person (131.24 minimum)|
|+3-4 hours||$11/person ($165 minimum)|
Program add-ons are available for an additional fee:
- Wagon ride (summer and fall; limited availability)
- Cooking activities
- Fiber crafts
- Animals at Work: Learn how farm animals work and contribute to a healthy environment. Feeding, veterinary care, and livestock management are all important parts of a farmer’s every day duties. Help the farmers care for sheep, chickens, cattle and the sheep-protecting dogs.
- What’s for Lunch: Explore the farm-food connection. How does food get from a farm to your table? What foods can be grown in Minnesota? Explore the plant and animal sources of your food and learn the behind-the-scenes aspects of getting food to your table
- The Farm – Nature’s Classroom: The farmer plants and reaps, but Mother Nature truly produces our food through soil, water and sunlight. With hands-on activities in soil science, water quality testing, composting and other nature investigations, learn how the farm produces food and affects the environment.
- Fiber Workshops: Make mittens, slippers, rugs and other fiber crafts. Learn more about fiber workshops at Gale Woods.
- Let’s Get Growing: Spring brings new life! Farmers are busy caring for baby animals and preparing and planting fields and gardens. Discover what is growing on the farm by planting in the greenhouse or gardens and visiting the new animal arrivals.
- Harvest Time: Discover the role of plants on a farm and in our lives. Fall is the time for harvest and an opportunity to explore the different ways plants benefit us. What are some of the ways we use plants? What parts of a plant do we use for food or fiber? Harvest plants from the garden for tasting and more.
Gale Woods Farm's curriculum supports certain MN K-12 Academic Standards. Review the following documents to decide which programs meet your needs.