First Tracks Ski Scholarship
At Three Rivers, we believe everyone belongs in the parks — to explore, play and discover all that the outdoors has to offer, especially in the winter!
What is First Tracks?
First Tracks is a scholarship program at Hyland Hills Ski Area that helps local youth learn and continue to ski and snowboard through partial financial assistance.
Who Can Apply For a First Tracks Scholarship?
Individuals, schools and groups serving youth with financial needs can apply. See qualifications below.
You may apply for First Tracks if you are enrolled in one of the following services:
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
- Minnesota Care
- General Assistance (GA)
- Minnesota Family Investment Act (MFIP)
- Medical Assistance (MA)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
- Work Benefit (WB)
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program Employment and Training Program (SNAP E&T)
Individuals who qualify can receive one partial-assistance scholarship per year to participate in lessons or for a season pass. These funds are limited and scholarships are granted strictly on financial need.
Schools and Groups
Schools or agencies serving youth with financial need can also apply for financial assistance for the Hyland Hills Ski Field Trip Program when providing recreational and educational experiences for youth.
To qualify for a First Tracks scholarship, schools and groups will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Economic need based on the student participation number in the free or reduced lunch program.
- Schools or agencies that do not participate in the free or reduced lunch program must complete the application and submit a letter stating the financial need and the goal or mission of the group serving special economic or disabled populations.
How Do I Apply For a First Tracks Scholarship?
Applications for the 2024–2025 season will open in fall 2024.
When Will I Know if My Application Is Approved?
If your application is approved, Hyland Hills Ski Area will notify you by email within two weeks of when the application was received. Once notified of approval, you will be contacted with how to use your scholarship.
Enrollment is not guaranteed and is subject to availability until remaining balance has been paid in full.
Will My Information Be Kept Confidential?
All information is confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than communication about this and other relevant Three Rivers programs.
Questions? Email FirstTracks@ThreeRiversParks.org or call Hyland Hills Ski Area at 763-694-7800.