Visiting Elm Creek FAQs
We are excited for and anticipating a busy ski, snowboard and tubing season at the Winter Recreation Area at Elm Creek.
Based on Governor Walz’s most recent executive order and the Outdoor Recreation and Facilities guidelines laid out by the DNR, we have made adjustments to our operations. We know that some of these changes are significant, and we ask for everyone’s cooperation and help in following them so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable experience throughout the season. If you have any questions, please contact us at ElmCreekInfo@ThreeRiversParks.org.
Pass and Rental Updates
The tubing hill is open. Advance online reservations are required. Linking tubes is only allowed for members of the same household.
Open; check trail conditions. Reservations are not required for cross-country skiing if you are using your own equipment.
- Cross-country ski passes, both daily and annual passes, are available for purchase online.
- Cross-country ski sets are available to rent online. Advance reservations required for rentals.
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding
The terrain park and all other hills are open daily. Public use of the bunny is limited to 5-9 PM on weekends. See hours. Reservations are not required for downhill ski or snowboard lift tickets or rentals.
Are there changes to indoor chalet use?
Yes. In accordance with current health guidelines, there will be a few changes at the chalet this season:
- Face coverings are required in the chalet.
- Seating inside the chalet is available by same-day, onsite reservation only.
- Bags, backpacks and boot bags are not allowed in the chalet.
- Slow cookers or other plug-in appliances, outside food and food delivery is not allowed in the chalet.
- The chalet is set up to accommodate one-way traffic, and doors are clearly marked as an entrance or an exit.
- No congregating is allowed in the chalet.
How Do I Reserve Seating in the Chalet?
Seating in the chalet will be available for same-day reservations only. Reservations will be limited to 30-minute time blocks. Staff will be available at or near the front desk to take in-person reservations for that day.
- Names and phone numbers are required for reservations.
- Guests can reserve one 30-minute block every four hours.
- Reservations are only available to ticketed guests or adults with ticketed children.
- Tables are limited to six people, depending on availability.
- Putting tables together or adding additional chairs is not allowed.
- You must clear your table prior to leaving. Staff will sanitize tables between each reservation.
Can I bring my belongings into the chalet?
No bags, backpacks or boot bags will be allowed inside the chalet. Visitors are asked to boot-up prior to arriving at the chalet or boarding the shuttle.
How will parking and shuttle operations work?
The parking plan will remain the same for this season, with free parking available at the chalet lot and at the shuttle lot.
- Shuttle service will be operating at a significantly reduced capacity, so wait times will be longer.
- Six-foot distancing must be maintained between people from different households while waiting in line for and while riding the shuttle.
- Consider waiting in your vehicle for a shuttle to arrive.
- Face coverings will be required inside the shuttle.
- When possible, we encourage drivers to drop other passengers off at the chalet and then go to the shuttle lot to park. This will reduce the number of people needing to ride in the shuttle.
Where do I need to wear a face covering?
Face coverings are required for all guests and staff when inside buildings, except when eating or drinking while seated at a reserved table. Face coverings are also required when in lines, while riding rope tows and lifts, and while riding the shuttle. Guests are required to keep 6 feet between themselves and others.
Will the Elm Creek Grill be open this season?
The Elm Creek Grill will be open, but new procedures will be followed this season.
- Guests can purchase food and eat in the chalet during their reserved time block or take food outside to be eaten on the patio.
- Guests using outside tables will be required to clear their table prior to leaving.
- Tables will be sanitized regularly.
- The Elm Creek Grill will only be open during tubing hours.