Visiting Elm Creek FAQs
We are excited for and anticipating a busy ski, snowboard and tubing season at Elm Creek Winter Recreation Area.
Based on Governor Walz’s most recent executive order and the Outdoor Recreation and Facilities guidelines laid out by the DNR, we have made adjustments to our operations. We know that some of these changes are significant, and we ask for everyone’s cooperation and help in following them so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable experience throughout the season. The following changes will be in place at Elm Creek through Friday, December 18.
Will there be changes to indoor chalet use?
Yes. Currently the chalet is available for restroom use and other basic services. Gathering or warming up in the chalet is currently not allowed.
- Face coverings will be required in the chalet.
- The chalet will be set up to accommodate one-way traffic, and doors will be clearly marked as an entrance or an exit.
- No congregating will be allowed through the chalet.
- Slow cookers or other plug-in appliances, outside food and food delivery will not be allowed in the chalet.
What is currently open at Elm Creek?
Snow Tubing: Closed at this time.
Cross-country Skiing: Trails are currently closed, but snowmaking is underway and a portion of the trail will open soon.
- Cross-country ski passes, both daily and annual passes, are available for purchase online.
- Cross-country ski sets are currently not available to rent.
Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding: Closed at this time.
Where do I need to wear a face covering?
Face coverings will be required for all guests and staff when inside the chalet. Face coverings will also be required when in line for or riding rope tows, and while riding the shuttle. Guests will be required to keep 6 feet between themselves and others.
Can I bring my belongings into the chalet?
No bags, backpacks or boot bags will be allowed inside the chalet.
- Visitors are asked to boot-up prior to arriving at the chalet or boarding the shuttle.
How will parking and shuttle operations work?
The parking plan will remain the same for this season, with free parking available at the chalet lot and at the shuttle lot.
- Shuttle service will be operating at a significantly reduced capacity, so wait times will be longer.
- Six-foot distancing must be maintained between people from different households while waiting in line for and while riding the shuttle.
- Consider waiting in your vehicle for a shuttle to arrive.
- Face coverings will be required inside the shuttle.
- When possible, we encourage drivers to drop other passengers off at the chalet and then go to the shuttle lot to park. This will reduce the number of people needing to ride in the shuttle.
Will the Elm Creek Grill be open this season?
The Elm Creek Grill will be closed through December 18.