FAQ: Camping at Three Rivers
Spending a night under the stars is always a welcome sign of summer in Minnesota, and this year we appreciate it even more than usual. We have made some changes to the usual operations of our campgrounds to encourage social distancing, reduce touching shared surfaces and decrease face-to-face interaction. We are excited to see you and appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust our operations.
Will there be changes to reservations?
Camper cabin check-out time will be 11 AM this year to allow for adequate cleaning and disinfecting. We will contact anyone with a reservation impacted by these changes. Other reservations will not be affected.
Do I Need to Check in at the Campground?
When you arrive, proceed directly to your site. You do not need to check in at the office. Make sure to bring a copy of the guidelines sent with your confirmation (these include a map of the campground).
What Amenities and Services Will Be Available?
- Restrooms will be available. Bathrooms and shower buildings will be cleaned at least twice a day. Some restrooms will be converted to single-unit, gender-neutral facilities — pay attention to signage.
- RV fill and dump stations will be open.
- Drinking fountains will be on.
- Firewood and ice will be available for purchase; pickup is available when the office is staffed.
- Recycling bags will be available upon request at campground offices.
- Watercraft rentals will be available. Reserve a watercraft in advance.
Do I Need to Wear A Face Covering?
In accordance with current guidance from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health, all park visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces.
Is the Bike-In Campsite Open This Year?
Bike-in camping at Lake Auburn Campground will be available, but reservations will be required for 2021.
How Else Can I Prepare to go Camping?
- Self-contained units should limit use of public restroom and shower facilities.
- Bring disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer for personal use.
- If you are sick or experiencing respiratory symptoms, do not come camping. Full refunds will be given for reservations canceled ahead of time.
- Read more tips on how to plan for your camping trip.
Highway 12 Construction
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is conducting construction on Highway 12 from County Road 6 in Orono to County Road 92 in Independence. Construction will begin in spring 2021 and continue into 2022. This may affect your normal route to Baker Campground. See westbound and eastbound detour routes.