Community Festivals and Events
Community Engagement staff connect with potential park users to bring the Parks on the Go van to community festivals and events. The van comes equipped with informational materials, sample park activities, and friendly staff to answer questions. Early requests are encouraged.
Priority is given to partners that reach communities who are underrepresented in the parks or who may be unfamiliar or otherwise not have access to Three Rivers Park District opportunities.
Three Rivers Community Engagement also builds awareness by tabling at health and resource fairs, attending back-to-school nights or parent events, and giving brief presentations at community meetings.
Festival Activity Options
A variety of activities are possible with the Parks on the Go van:
- Recreational activities (slacklining, disc golf, geocaching and more)
- Bike trail simulation
- Prize/quiz wheel
- Nature activities (pond study, birding, bug catching and more)
- Green screen photo booth
- Nature-inspired art (leaf printing, cyanotype nature prints, nature journal and more)
- Animal puppet show
- Outdoor skills (fishing, fire building, camping, outdoor cooking)
- Gardening activities and farm education (seed necklace, wool processing, and more)
To arrange for Three Rivers to attend your festival or event or for more information on activity options please contact Amanda Fong at email@example.com or 763.694.2054.