The Big Woods Classic presented by Spokes Bike Shop has multiple distances available. Register early; all distances are capped:
Saturday, July 30, 2022
- Adult Comp — Approx. 20.5 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Adult Sport — Approx. 10.5 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Adult Novice — Approx. 7.6 miles, limited to 200 riders
- Youth Comp — Approx. 7.6 miles, limited to 200 riders
- Youth Novice — Approx. 3.8 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Kids Fun Ride — Approx. 1.5 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Adapted Ride — Approx. 3 miles, limited to 20 riders
|April–July 24||July 25–Race Day|
|Kids Fun Ride||$10||$15|
Taxes are included.
Swag and Awards
- All registrants: All registrants receive a Big Woods Classic T-shirt.
- All finishers: All finishers receive an award.
2021 trucker hats and socks are also available for purchase with registration (limited sizes available for socks). Limited-edition “I Bike Three Rivers” T-shirts will also be available for purchase at the race.
Friday, July 29
Packet pickup and course preview, Springview (Rider Village) Area from 2–8 PM at Carver Park Reserve.
Saturday, July 30
All races will have a mass start.
7 AM — Race Village/Packet Pickup Opens
8 AM — Adult Comp Start
8:15 AM — Adult Sport Start
9:30 AM — Adult Novice Start
10:30 AM — Youth Comp Start
11:30 AM — Youth Novice Start
12 PM — Kids Fun Ride Start
1 PM — Adapted Ride Start
Enjoy music provided by JJuice Music & Entertainment, Official DJ of Three Rivers Signature Races. Snacks and refreshments provided for participants. Breakfast items, sandwiches, fruit, chips, beer and wine available for purchase from Lucky’s 13.
Course Information & Maps
Courses are color-coded to match your bike plate. Please make sure you know which course you are riding and follow the correct signs. The technical features sections on Paradise will not be used. Riders are responsible for keeping track of their own laps in multi-lap races.
|Division||Approximate Distance||Bike Plate/Course Color||Laps||Trails|
|Adult Comp||20.5 miles||Blue||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge, Ravine Rush, Paradise, Grimm's Grind|
|Adult Sport||10.5 miles||Red||1||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge, Ravine Rush, Paradise, Grimm's Grind|
|Adult Novice||7.6 miles||Purple||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Youth Comp||7.6 miles||Purple||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Youth Novice||3.8 miles||Orange||1||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Kids Fun Ride||1.5 miles||Yellow||1||Easy Rider|
|Adapted Ride||3 miles||Yellow||2||Easy Rider|
View an interactive map of Monarch Singletrack Trail with video of each loop!
- Adult Comp and Sport Course Map*
- Adult Novice, Youth Comp, and Youth Novice Course Map
- Kids Fun Ride and Adapted Ride Course Map
*Please note: A small section of Ravine Rush will have a directional change for the race only, and the course connections between Ravine Rush and Easy Rider are temporary for the race only. To ride the full course prior to race day, please follow the paved trail to the Easy Rider trailhead.
Be sure to check trail conditions trail conditions prior to riding any Three Rivers singletrack trail.
Big Woods Classic Race
- Friday, July 29, 2-8 PM: Springview (Rider Village) Area at Carver Park Reserve
- Race Day, Saturday July 30, beginning at 7 AM: Springview (Rider Village) Area at Carver Park Reserve. We recommend arriving approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of your race.
Inclement Weather Policy
Due to the sensitive nature of the trails and our sustainability efforts, mountain bike trails are occasionally closed due to wet conditions. We do not have a rain date for this event. In the event of cancellation, all riders will have the option of a refund minus the cost of the swag.