Big Woods Classic is moving to Monarch Singletrack Trail at Carver Park Reserve!
In 2021, Big Woods Classic will include an in-person race on August 7 as well as a month-long Virtual Challenge. All registrants for the in-person race are automatically eligible for the Virtual Challenge. You can also register for the Virtual Challenge only.
In-Person Race Divisions
- Adult Comp – approx. 20.5 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Adult Sport – approx. 10.5 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Adult Novice – approx. 7.6 miles, limited to 200 riders
- Youth Comp – approx. 7.6 miles, limited to 200 riders
- Youth Novice – approx. 3.8 miles, limited to 125 riders
- Kids Fun Ride – approx. 1.1 miles, limited to 125 riders
Virtual Challenge Details
The Virtual Challenge will consist of riding all four Three Rivers singletrack trails: Lake Rebecca, Elm Creek, Murphy-Hanrehan, and Monarch. You will earn badges for completing milestones, and all riders who complete the challenge of riding all four trails will be eligible for prize drawings! We are excited to announce that the grand prize will be a Thule Apex XT 4 hanging hitch bike rack generously donated by our presenting sponsor: Rack Attack of Minneapolis!
Recording Your Miles
We are partnering with a virtual challenge platform called sodisp to help you record your miles. After you register for the race, you will receive an invitation email from sodisp with a personal identification code to connect you to the challenge. Simply create an account with sodisp, connect your fitness device or app, and start riding! Once you're connected, your miles will automatically upload. If you don't have a device or app, you may manually log your miles.
|May-July 14||July 15-Race Day|
|Kids Fun Ride||$10||$10|
|Virtual Challenge Only||$25||$25|
A $20 transfer fee will be applied for race changes made after July 25.
Swag and Awards
Get Big Woods swag no matter which race you ride in!
- All registrants: All registrants can choose a custom trucker hat or custom medium-cuff mountain biking socks (above).
- All finishers: All finishers will receive a hand-crafted medal made from wood.
- Virtual Challenge finishers: All riders who complete the Virtual Challenge will be eligible for a prize drawing.
Information on awards is coming soon.
Schedule and Event Format
Tuesday, July 6
Virtual Challenge begins!
Thursday, July 29
7-8 PM, "Ready, Set, Race!"
Learn everything you'll need to know to get ready for race day in this online webinar present by Three Rivers' Outdoor Recreation School. Register today!
Friday, August 6
Virtual Challenge ends.
Course preview of Monarch Singletrack Trail (time TBD)
Saturday, August 7
7 AM: Race Village/packet pickup opens
8 AM: Adult Comp start
8:15 AM: Adult Sport start
10 AM: Adult Novice start
Noon: Youth Comp start
1 PM: Youth Novice start
1:30 PM: Kids Fun Ride start
Schedule is subject to change.
Course Information & Maps
|Division||Distance||Start Type||Laps||Trails (Monarch)|
|Adult Comp||20.5 miles||Mass||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge, Ravine Rush, Paradise, Grimm's Grind|
|Adult Sport||10.5 miles||Time Trial||1||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge, Ravine Rush, Paradise, Grimm's Grind|
|Adult Novice||7.6 miles||Time Trial||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Youth Comp||7.6 miles||Time Trial||2||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Youth Novice||3.8 miles||Time Trial||1||Easy Rider, Raptor Ridge|
|Kids Fun Ride||1.1 miles||Time Trial||1||Easy Rider|
View an interactive map of Monarch Singletrack Trail with video of each loop!
- Adult Comp and Sport Course Map*
- Adult Novice, Youth Comp, and Youth Novice Course Map
- Kids Fun Run Course Map
*Please note, a small section of Ravine Rush will have a directional change for the race only, and the course connections between Ravine Rush and Easy Rider are temporary for the race only. To ride the full course prior to race day please follow the paved trail to the Easy Rider trail head.
Don't forget to check trail conditions before riding.
Racers have two packet pickup options for 2021 Big Woods Classic:
- Friday, Aug. 6: 2-8 PM, Springview (Race Village) Area at Carver Park Reserve
- Race Day (Saturday, Aug. 7): Pick-up begins at 7 AM. We recommend arriving approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of your race.
Parking & Directions
Parking is free at Carver Park Reserve. Depending on where you park, it may be a 5- to 10-minute ride to the start area.