Small watercraft racks designed to hold canoes, sailboards and kayaks are available to rent at Bryant Lake Regional Park, Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park, Cleary Lake Regional Park, Fish Lake Regional Park, French Regional Park, and Gale Woods Farm. The size of the watercraft is restricted to vessels up to 20 feet in length, 36 inches width and 20 inches depth. All watercraft must be licensed by the State of Minnesota, and all watercraft owners are required to have a current Minnesota Watercraft License from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Apply for a Small Watercraft Rack
2018 season: April 14 through Oct. 14
The rate for Small Watercraft Rack Rental for the 2018 season is $50 (sales tax not included). Racks are assigned on a lottery basis. The lottery takes place Friday, April 6, 2018.
All applications must be received by 4:30 PM on Thursday, April 5, 2018. Review the Small Watercraft Agreement Procedures, complete the Small Watercraft Application and Rental Agreement and send it with payment to the address listed in the application.
If information on your Small Watercraft Rack Application and Rental Agreement are incomplete or payment has not been received, your application will not be considered. Read the full letter to applicants.
For additional information or questions, please call the Reservations Office at 763.559.6700.
A limited number of sailboat slips are available for rental at French Regional Park from May 5-Oct. 7. The slips are assigned on a lottery basis. To enter the lottery, call 763.559.6700 between 8 AM Feb. 26 and 4 PM March 23, 2018. The following rules and requirements apply:
- The renter must have a current Minnesota Watercraft License issued by the Minnesota DNR.
- The watercraft must be a sailboat 22 feet in length or less.
- Catamarans and Trimarans must be less than 22 feet in length and 13 feet in width.
- Owners are required to provide lifts.
- Lifts and boats may not be more than ten feet in width.
- The seasonal rental fee is $500 per slip (sales tax not included). Applicants that succeed in securing a slip will have the opportunity to renew their slip rental and/or storage rental agreements through four seasons. After four seasons, applicants must re-enter the lottery. For more information about sailboat slip rental, call 763.694.7750.
Winter Lift Storage
Off-season storage is available at French Regional Park from Oct. 2, 2018 through May 4, 2019. The following rules and requirements apply: The off-season storage fee is $50.00 (sales tax not included). Owners are required to sign a seasonal storage contract. Owners must have lifts removed from the storage area by May 4, 2019.