Lake Minnetonka Swim Pond
The 1.75-acre swimming pond at Lake Minnetonka has a maximum depth of six feet and is completely surrounded by sand. The pond features filtered, chlorinated water, a changing shelter, concessions, and large beach umbrellas for shade. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Interactive Map of Lake Minnetonka
Lake Minnetonka PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Lake Minnetonka Regional Park page.
Lifeguards on duty:
11 AM–7 PM
May 26–June 10: weekends and holidays only
June 11–Aug. 12: daily
Learn how to swim at Lake Minnetonka Regional Park! Open to ages 5 and up. Sign up today.
Fees & Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season wristband by purchasing online or calling 763.559.6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
$5* daily per person
$18* season per person
Call 763.559.6700 to request a replacement season wristband.
*Sales tax not included.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $5 must be arranged in advance and are available for purchase at park gates. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763.559.6700.
- Wristbands are required for park guests ages 1 year and older, on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm's reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. A person using a PFD must be within arm's reach of a responsible guardian at all times.
- Small flotation equipment is allowed on the shallow side of the 3-foot buoyed area.
- Large inflatables/rafts and hard boards are not permitted.
- Swim diapers are required to be worn by all infants/children who are in diapers or pull-ups.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters, or the wheelchair ramp.
- Smoking, pets, and glass containers are not permitted in beach area.
- Due to the protective liner in the pond, please do not dig deep holes in the sand.
- Please do not sit or stand on each other's shoulders.