Three Rivers Honors 2023 Distinguished Volunteers
May 01, 2023
Volunteers are vital to the efforts of Three Rivers Park District. Last year, Three Rivers had more than 817 ongoing volunteers who donated nearly 37,380 hours to programs and services within the park system. In recognition of these outstanding contributions, Three Rivers recognizes a select group of volunteers each year through the Distinguished Volunteer Service Award program.
Volunteers benefit Three Rivers in many ways, including assisting with nature and recreation-based programming, patrolling ski areas and trails, surveying wildlife, assisting with special events and races, habitat restoration, collecting prairie seeds and more.
“The Distinguished Volunteer Service Award program is a way to acknowledge outstanding representatives of our dedicated park volunteers,” says Rebecca Conser, volunteer coordinator for Three Rivers Park District. “Without our volunteers, we simply would not be able to deliver the number of high-quality programs and services to the public that we do.”
This year’s six Distinguished Volunteer Service Award recipients have contributed a combined total of 8,029 hours of volunteer service to the Park District.
The 2023 recipients are:
- Rebecca Campbell (Mound): Program Assistant at Gale Woods Farm, Lowry Nature Center and Baker Outdoor Learning Center; Project Assistant for Research and at Gale Woods Farm; Natural Resources Monitor at Lowry Nature Center; Animal Care Assistant at Gale Woods Farm; Project Assistant for Fiber Arts at Gale Woods Farm
- Ann Chemin (Mound): Animal Care Assistant, Program Assistant and Project Assistant at Gale Woods Farm; Project Assistant for Fiber Arts at Gale Woods Farm; Natural Resources Monitor for bluebirds; Project Specialist for the Volunteer Office
- Kent Holmes (St. Louis Park): Ski Patrol and Ski Patrol Program Instructor at Hyland Hills Ski Area
- Karen Leistico (Buffalo): Park Patrol for Horse Trails, Parks and Regional Trails at Baker Park Reserve, Carver Park Reserve, Crow-Hassan Park Reserve, Elm Creek Park Reserve, Lake Rebecca Park Reserve and Rush Creek Regional Trail; Program Instructor at Hyland Hills Ski Area
- Rebecca Pewu (Brooklyn Park): Youth Program Assistant at Mississippi Gateway Regional Park
- Louise Ogden (Maple Grove): Natural Resources Monitor for Wildlife; Park Patrol for District Events, Outdoor Recreation School, Elm Creek Park Reserve, Medicine Lake Regional Trail, Silverwood Park, Hyland Park Reserve, Gale Woods Farm, French Regional Park, Fish Lake Regional Park and Eagle Lake Regional Park; Program Assistant for Community Events, Eastman Nature Center, Gale Woods Farm, Mississippi Gateway Regional Park, Outdoor Recreation School, Silverwood Park and the Volunteer Office; Project Assistant for Eastman Nature Center, Fish Woodlot #1, Prairie Seed Collection and Research; Project Specialist for the Volunteer Office
For more information about volunteer opportunities with Three Rivers, visit the Volunteer page or contact the Volunteer Office at 763-559-6706.