Elm Creek Swim Pond
The Elm Creek swim pond offers filtered, chlorinated water, a sand beach, changing shelter, concessions and bathroom facilities. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Elm Creek PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Elm Creek Park Reserve page.
The swim pond is open 9 AM–8 PM daily, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Lifeguards will be on duty the following dates and hours:
- Through August 14: 12–8 PM, daily
- August 15–Labor Day: No lifeguard on duty.
Fees & Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season pass by purchasing online or calling 763-559-6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
$5* daily per person
$18* season per person
There are no replacements for lost wristbands. If you lose a wristband, you must purchase a new one.
*sales tax not included.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $5 must be arranged in advance. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763-559-6700.
- Wristbands are required for park guests one year and older on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. Persons using such equipment must be within arm's reach of a responsible person.
- Persons using inflatable/flotation equipment with a length of three feet or less must remain in the shallow side of the red buoyed area.
- Use of kick boards, rafts and inflatable/flotation equipment larger than three feet is not permitted.
- Staff may restrict the use of inflatable/flotation equipment at their discretion.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not sit or stand on shoulders.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters or the wheelchair ramp.
- Tobacco, pets and glass objects are not permitted in the beach area.
- Due to the protective liner of the pond, do not dig holes deeper than one foot in the sand.
- Swim diapers are required for all who are in diapers or pull-ups.