Lake Minnetonka Swim Pond
The 1.75-acre swimming pond at Lake Minnetonka has a maximum depth of six feet and is completely surrounded by sand. The pond features filtered, chlorinated water, a changing shelter, concessions and large beach umbrellas for shade. A pass is required for ages 1 year and older.
Interactive Map of Lake Minnetonka
Lake Minnetonka PDF Maps
Find printable maps of the park on the Lake Minnetonka Regional Park page.
Fees & Passes
A daily or season wristband is required. Skip the lines and buy your season wristband by purchasing online or calling 763-559-6700. The season wristband is valid at both the Elm Creek and Lake Minnetonka swim ponds.
$5* daily per person
$18* season per person
There are no replacements for lost wristbands. If you lose a wristband, you must purchase a new one.
*Sales tax not included.
Daily passes at the tax-exempt rate of $5 must be arranged in advance and are available for purchase at park gates. A tax exemption certificate (ST3 form) must be on file with the Three Rivers Park District Guest Services Office prior to your visit. For more information, please call 763-559-6700.
Learn to swim at Lake Minnetonka Regional Park!
All instructors are lifeguards certified through the American Red Cross to teach swimming lessons. Seven levels are available for ages 3 and up:
- Little Swimmers
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills
- Level 3: Stroke Development
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement
- Level 6: Fitness Swimmer
Students and their family members receive a $3 discount on season swim pond wristbands.
- Wristbands are required for park guests 1 year and older on the beach or in the water.
- Children or poor swimmers must be within arm’s reach of a responsible guardian.
- US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) may be worn in the pond. Persons using such equipment must be within arm's reach of a responsible person.
- Persons using inflatable/flotation equipment with a length of three feet or less must remain in the shallow side of the red buoyed area.
- Use of kick boards, rafts and inflatable/flotation equipment larger than three feet is not permitted.
- Staff may restrict the use of inflatable/flotation equipment at their discretion.
- Diving or throwing other people is not permitted.
- Do not sit or stand on shoulders.
- Do not hang on ropes, filters or the wheelchair ramp.
- Tobacco, pets and glass objects are not permitted in the beach area.
- Due to the protective liner of the pond, do not dig holes deeper than one foot in the sand.
- Swim diapers are required for all who are in diapers or pull-ups.