If you have a horse and are looking for a place to ride, Three Rivers has miles of scenic trails to choose from. Natural woodlands and grasslands provide a beautiful setting for riders. Enjoy group horse camping in some Three Rivers parks. When summer horse trails are closed for the season, take advantage of winter riding opportunities at Murphy-Hanrehan and Crow-Hassan Park Reserves.
Riders ages 12 and older require a pass.
- Daily passes are $6* and may be purchased online.
- A one-time credit of a $6* daily horseback riding pass can be applied to the cost of an annual pass when purchased by mail at the Three Rivers Park District Administrative Center.
- Annual passes are now available.
- Passes may be purchased online or by calling 763.559.9000.
- If you purchase your pass online, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email which will serve as your seven-day temporary pass. You can expect to receive your pass in the mail in about one week.
Replacements for lost or damaged passes are available for a fee of $5* by calling 763.559.9000.
*Sales tax not included.
Related Blog Posts
By: Alyssa Schauer
Following basic trail etiquette is key to ensuring that all trail users have a positive and enjoyable experience. Learn more about etiquette on horse trails and visit Crow-Hassan Park Reserve this Saturday for the chance to meet a horse up close!
By: Erin Scearcy Larson
Three Rivers Park District is home to incredible places that provide hours of fun and education. But you may not know about one special location nestled in Baker Park Reserve. Learn about We Can Ride's group of specially-trained therapy horses and the life-changing services they provide for people with special needs. Photo courtesy of Shelly Paulsen.
Other things to do
Three Rivers offers abundant scenery for you and your dog to enjoy year round, with paved, turf, regional and skijoring/dog sledding trails that are dog-friendly. Dogs must be on a six-foot non-retractable leash unless in a designated dog off-leash area. Owners must pick-up after their dogs.
Three Rivers features 80 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails at various locations. Trails are available for skiers of all skill levels. Don't forget to check trail conditions before you head out.
New this season - cross-country ski equipment rentals are available online and are encouraged before arriving at the park.