Three Rivers offers abundant scenery for you and your dog to enjoy year round, with paved, turf, regional and skijoring/dog sledding trails that are dog-friendly.
Where to walk your dog
- Anderson Lakes
- Baker Park Reserve
- Bassett Creek Regional Trail
- Bryant Lake Regional Park
- Carver Park Reserve
- Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park
- Cedar Lake LRT Regional Trail
- Cleary Lake Regional Park
- Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park
- Crow-Hassan Park Reserve
- Crystal Lake Regional Trail
- Dakota Rail Regional Trail
- Eagle Lake Regional Park
- Elm Creek Park Reserve
- Fish Lake Regional Park
- French Regional Park
- Hyland Lake Park Reserve
- Lake Independence Regional Trail
- Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail
- Lake Minnetonka Regional Park
- Lake Rebecca Park Reserve
- Luce Line Regional Trail
- Medicine Lake Regional Trail
- Minnesota River Bluffs LRT Regional Trail
- Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve
- Nine Mile Creek Regional Trail
- Nokomis-Minnesota River Regional Trail
- North Cedar Lake Regional Trail
- North Mississippi Regional Park
- Northeast Diagonal Regional Trail
- Rush Creek Regional Trail
- Scott West Regional Trail
- Shingle Creek Regional Trail
- Silverwood Park
- Sochacki Park
- Spring Lake Regional Park
- Twin Lakes Regional Trail
Miles of dog trails
Updated Dog Policy
In June 2019, we updated our dog policy to make it easier to be outdoors with your dog. Review the new policy and find answers to frequently asked questions about dogs in Three Rivers.
Dog Trail Rules
Dogs must be kept on a 6-foot, non-retractable leash except in designated off-leash areas.
Owners must pick up after their dog.
Dogs on leashes are allowed in the following areas:
- regional trails
- turf trails
- paved trails
- group camps
- picnic areas
Dogs are not allowed in certain areas, including buildings, beach areas, play areas or certain parks.
Other things to do
Off-leash areas are designated sites where dogs are given the freedom to run and interact with other dogs. Parks at Three Rivers have both fenced and unfenced off-leash areas where you can let your dog run while you enjoy the scenic surroundings and meet other owners.
If you have a horse and are looking for a place to ride, Three Rivers has miles of scenic horse trails to choose from. Natural woodlands and grasslands provide a beautiful setting for horseback riders.