If you have a horse and are looking for a place to ride, Three Rivers has miles of scenic trails to choose from. Natural woodlands and grasslands provide a beautiful setting for riders. Enjoy group horse camping in some Three Rivers parks. When summer horse trails are closed for the season, take advantage of winter riding opportunities at Murphy-Hanrehan and Crow-Hassan Park Reserves.
Riders ages 12 and older require a pass.
- Daily passes are $6* and may be purchased online or at pay boxes in the parks.
- A one-time credit of a $6* daily horseback riding pass can be applied to the cost of an annual pass when purchased in person at staffed park facilities or by mail at the Three Rivers Park District Administrative Center.
- Annual passes are now available.
- Passes may be purchased online, by calling 763.559.9000, or at Park District facilities.
- If you purchase your pass online, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email which will serve as your seven-day temporary pass. You can expect to receive your pass in the mail in about one week.
Replacements for lost or damaged passes are available for a fee of $5* by calling 763.559.9000.
*Sales tax not included.
Other things to do
Three Rivers offers abundant scenery for you and your dog to enjoy year round, with paved, regional and skijoring/dog sledding trails that are dog-friendly. Dogs on a six-foot non-retractable leash are allowed on all paved trails except where posted otherwise. Owners must pick-up after their dogs.