Did you know archery is one of the oldest arts still practiced today? Modern advancements in the equipment mean this sport is even more accessible to archers of any age. Grab your bow and arrows and come and give it a try at Elm Creek or Carver Park Reserve. Stationary ranges offer targets at a variety of distances, as well as a shooting tower. Or test your marksmanship with a walk-through range featuring multiple shooting stations.
Programs and Events
Upcoming archery programs and events.
A pass is required for archers. Youth age 15 and younger are free but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- A $6 daily pass* may be purchased at pay boxes located at each archery site.
- A one-time credit of a $6 daily archery pass* can be applied to the cost of an annual archery pass when purchased in person at staffed park facilities or by mail at Three Rivers Park District Administrative Center.
- Passes may be purchased online, by calling 763.559.6700, or at Park District facilities.
- If you purchase your pass online or over the phone, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email which will serve as your seven-day temporary pass. You can expect to receive your recreation pass card in the mail in about one week.
- If you already have a recreation pass card, any newly purchased annual pass will be immediately added to your card.
- Can be used at any Three Rivers Park District archery range.
- Annual passes are valid for twelve months from the date purchased.
Recreation pass cards can be replaced if lost or damaged for a $5* fee. Call 763.559.6700 to request a replacement card.
*Sales tax not included.
Archery Range Rules and Policies
Failure to adhere to Park District Ordinances, Rules, and Agreement may result in a citation and/or revocation of pass. The Park District reserves the right to reject or cancel passes for any reason.
General Rules and Regulations
- Archery facilities are designated for archery use only.
- Stay within boundaries of archery range.
- Crossbows are prohibited except that permission may be given if needed to accommodate a person with a disability.
- Retrieve lost arrows quickly. Do not go beyond search area limits.
- Practice good sportsmanship and common sense.
- No pets allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages not permitted in range area.
Stationary Range Rules
- Maximum 5 arrows per round when people are waiting.
- Maximum 3 rounds per target when people are waiting.
- Do not shoot until everyone is behind shooting line.
- Broadhead use is allowed at designated 20-yard broadhead site in the stationary range or on targets provided by the archer.
- Personal 3-D targets or broadhead targets may be placed in front of the stationary targets.
- Do not shoot at broadhead target with field points to prolong the life of the target.
- Everyone retrieves arrows at the same time.
Walk-Through Range Rules
- Follow the designated course by the numbers when the range is crowded.
- Leave bow on hanger when retrieving arrows (at Elm Creek Park).
- Leave bow on hanger when retrieving arrows except for site #1 (at Carver Park).
- No shooting outside of designated shooting lines.
- Maximum 1 round per target when people are waiting.
- Shooting of broadheads is prohibited in the walk-through range.