Three Rivers Park District is committed to providing inclusive and accessible opportunities for people of all abilities. We strive to meet and exceed the requirements of the Americans with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through our services, facilities, recreational opportunities, programs, and more.
Free inclusion services may be available for individuals and groups visiting the parks and participating in programs. These services include (but are not limited to):
- Print materials in Braille, larger print, audio and/or computer disk
- Sign language interpretation during programs
- Inclusion assistants during programs
- Sensory-friendly services
- Adapted equipment
Please call 763.559.9000 (for relay services dial 711) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request specific services or discuss options. A two-week advance notice best ensures we can fulfill your request, but we do our best to accommodate on shorter notice.
Three Rivers offers sensory-friendly services at French Regional Park, where you will find:
- Sensory support kits to borrow that include: noise-reducing headphones, ear plugs, nose plugs, sunglasses, variety of fidgets, weighted blankets, and other sensory supports.
- Three Rivers staff who have received training from the Autism Society of Minnesota and additional inclusion volunteers or staff on site during Sensory-Friendly Sunday events.
- A quiet space to take a break.
Before You Visit
Three Rivers also offers Sensory-friendly Sundays typically on the fourth Sunday of the month.
Three Rivers' sensory-friendly services were developed in partnership with the Autism Society of Minnesota.
Adapted equipment is available for programs and recreational opportunities.
Nearly all of our program offerings can be adapted or customized. Please call 763.559.9000 (TTY 763.559.6719) or email email@example.com to request specific services or discuss options.
We also offer a variety of adapted programs throughout the year and partner with several organizations:
Watch a Video about Adapted Recreation in Three Rivers
Adapted Recreation video with audio descriptions.
Support Adapted Programming
Make a donation today and help make active, outdoor lifestyles available for all abilities.
The concepts of universal design are fundamental to development and redevelopment of buildings and amenities. Our parks and trails are in a variety of urban and rural settings with varying degrees of development and accessibility.
Please call 763.559.9000 (for relay services dial 711) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about accessible areas and facilities at the park you plan to visit.