The Planning, Design and Technology Division coordinates and provides planning, research, cultural resource coordination, concept design, construction services, geographic information services, information technology and infrastructure management for the Park District. The Department includes planners, researchers, cultural resource professionals, landscape architects, architects, engineers, geographic information system (GIS) professionals, and technical support staff.
The Planning, Design and Technology Division coordinates and collaborates with all Park District Divisions and Departments, the Metropolitan Council, Hennepin County, local municipalities, and other public agencies to provide thorough and consistent project delivery on:
- Developing and maintaining park and trail master plans
- Applying for and implementing grants
- Creating and managing park and trail facility design, implementation, and rehabilitation
- Managing and protecting cultural reources
- Creating, maintaining, and analyzing features on GIS maps for internal and public use
- Conducting and analyzing visitation and user satisfaction surveys.
- Engaging public and private stakeholders and partners
- Supporting customer goals and facilitating informed decision making
The goal of the Division is to provide the highest quality services to internal and external customers and partners while supporting the Park District mission of environmental stewardship in a natural resources-based park system.